How information about you will be used
Who are we?
Cosmed Limited is a company providing training and education services along with a range of non-surgical aesthetic treatments.
Why are you holding my data?
Cosmed will hold your data to:
- provide you with information about our services
- inform you of upcoming training courses
- inform you of special offers
- to take part in a live demonstration
- to follow up after a training course
What data do you hold on me?
When attending Cosmed, registering on our website or subscribing to our newsletter, you will be asked to give personal details such as your name, email address, phone number or other details so we can keep you up to date with our services (if you asked us to).
- Images such as photographs and/or a video of your treatment may be used on our website, for media or marketing purposes with your consent given.
- Payment of a course will result in payment & credit history been held.
How will you use my personal information?
Your personal information will be used by Cosmed to:
- provide you with information about our services & upcoming courses
- if subscribed to our newsletter, weekly/monthly publications will be sent
- provide you with the relevant information about the training course you wish to attend
- check your medical professional registration before a course starts to check eligibility for an upcoming course
- provide you with information about a treatment you will have on a given day
- inform the trainer of any relevant health information before your treatment that may affect it
- managing your account
How long will you retain my data?
We will retain your data for 24 months after your last visit/contact with us. Cosmed training will contact you to ask if you would like to remain on our database for promotional purposes. The only exception to this is if a person received a treatment we will retain their data indefinitely in case they would like to access this information.
Who will you share my data with?
Cosmed will not share your data with any third party without your written consent to do so. We may need to release information if it is required by law or to the Gardaí in relation to a criminal investigation.
Sensitive personal data
If you have any treatment history, health condition, disability or personal information that you think will impact you on your training day or any other services we offer, your written consent is needed for Cosmed to use this information to help you and ensure your safe treatment.
With your consent, Cosmed will occasionally contact you to keep you up to date on all our services. We may also contact you if you have previously been a customer.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any point and can do so by emailing [email protected]
What are my rights?
Rights for individuals under the GDPR in relation to the use of your personal data, include:
- access, if you want to confirm if your personal data is being used or you want access to the data we hold on you, you can request this information, and we will respond within 30 days
- to have inaccurate or incomplete data corrected
- to have information deleted – if it is no longer needed, there’s no longer a legitimate reason to hold it, or if the information was unlawfully used
- to restrict the processing of your personal information- to prevent your data being used for marketing purposes, including profiling. Cosmed must stop processing your data unless they can show that there are valid or legal reasons for such processing that outweigh your interests
- data portability- you have the right to receive your personal data that you provided to Cosmed to be delivered in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (for example, a Microsoft Excel file) and have the right to move or copy that data to another controller without difficulty
- your right to not be affected by a decision based on automated processing- making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement.
How to complain about the use of your data
Contact us at [email protected] or write to us at Cosmed 45 Mount St Upper, Dublin 2 if you wish to raise a complaint about how we handle your personal data, including in relation to any of the rights outlined above, and we will investigate your concerns.
If you are not happy with how Cosmed responds and feels they are not meeting their data protection obligations, then you may complain to the The Data Protection Commissioner (www.dataprotection.ie) who will look into the matter for you and ensure all your legal rights are upheld.